A sampling of our racial equity and justice projects in Montana.
- Classroom dialogues (middle through graduate school)
- Community Forums, Workshops, and Events
- Community Organizing
- Middle- and High-School programs
- Speaking Engagements
- Training on implicit and explicit bias, etc.
- Organizational and Educational Consulting and Crisis Intervention
- Don't see what you're looking for here? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
teaching and advocating ally-ship
An aspiring* ally recognizes ones own privilege and is committed to personal growth (in spite of the possible discomfort or pain) required to promote social change.
(*Allyship is always a journey that one advances on but can never fully arrive as there is always more to learn.)
Creating and presenting moderated Community Forums with highly knowledgeable and respected speakers and panelists is one of our specialties.
issue and event co-sponsorship
The Montana Racial Equity Project was pleased and honored to support the efforts of Indigenous Peoples in the Gallatin Valley, Montana, in changing recognition of the second Monday in October to Indigenous Peoples' Day within the City of Bozeman, Montana.
community organizing & training
The Montana Racial Equity Project does its own community organizing and also trains community organizers.
The non-indictment of the police officer in the shooting death of Tamir Rice in Cleveland upset a number of people in Bozeman, Many came out on very short notice on a cold and snowy day to express their sorrow and outrage at the apparent racial inequity of the justice system to care for young Tamir, even in death. NOTE: This photo does not capture all who took part.
We offer our two popular workshops several times a year in different parts of Montana:
- How to Talk With Kids About Race (for adults educators, parents, and guardians of preschool through elementary age children)
- Dismantling Hatred - Skills & Strategies You Can Use (for persons 15 and above.)
We are often asked to customize these workshops for special delivery to specific groups which we are happy to do.
Stay tuned for additional workshop subjects in 2019!