Health and Wellness Project Manager
WHO WE ARE
The Montana Racial Equity Project (MTREP), a 501c3 nonprofit, advocates equity and justice for historically marginalized, disenfranchised, and oppressed peoples in Montana. We lift the voices and elevate the agency of Black, Brown, Indigenous, and other People of Color (BIPOC). We also educate, train, and activate antiracist organizers, leaders, individuals, groups, organizations, institutions, etc. to invest in interrupting racism, bigotry, and prejudice whenever encountered. For more information on The Montana Racial Equity Project, visit our website at www.TheMTREP.org.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Health and Wellness Project Manager is responsible for project development, planning and research, execution, and evaluation, around issues of health and well-being as it pertains to those experiencing racism and/or oppression, antisemitism, islamophobia, phobia over gender identity and/or sexual orientation, inclusionary of disability. This position involves driving long distances in-state, and nights away from home, and requires the flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organize and coordinate events such as meetings, community forums, and workshops.
- Form collaborations with supportive nonprofits, organizations, and health care providers that will benefit the community members for whom MTREP advocates.
- Develop and adhere to program budget(s)
- Adhere to MTREP policies, procedures, and positions, recognizing they represent and advocate for MTREP and carry the MTREP mission, goals, and voice at all times in the community
- Other job-related duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate will be thoroughly committed to MTREP’s mission, extremely organized, and an excellent communicator with great time management skills. All candidates should have proven leadership, facilitation, and problem-solving skills.
- Proven organizational skills including attention to detail, time management, ability to multitask, and work well at a fast pace and in a sometimes quickly changing environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience planning, leading, and hosting workshops, meetings, and symposia
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and social media
- The ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people of all ages and ability levels
- Ability to speak clearly and well about their lived experience around racial inequity, oppression, and institutional and systemic racism
- Creativity and enthusiasm for trying new and inventive methods and techniques
- Foundational knowledge of racial justice and equity and broader social justice
- A track record of acting as a positive role model through enthusiasm for hard work, ethics, fairness, flexibility, and displaying a no-compromise commitment to racial equity and justice
- Possession of own vehicle, valid driver’s license, up-to-date car insurance, and an acceptable driving record
$52,000 per year, full-time exempt position
Insurance package, paid time off, and IRA contributions
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 24, 2022 for best consideration.
The MTREP values diversity and strives to create an anti-racist existence. People who can speak to their lived experience around racial inequity, oppression, and institutional and systemic racism are strongly encouraged to apply. We are excited to work with someone who can continue turning our mission into reality.