Position Description: Equity, Inclusion, and Justice Associate, 40 hours, full-time
Salary: $45,000 per year, exempt.
Location: Bozeman, Montana. (Remote work is available).
Benefits: Subsidized employee health benefits package, professional development assistance, 3% employer retirement contribution, annual bonuses (declared annually), flexible work hours, and generous paid time off
WHO WE ARE
The Montana Racial Equity Project (MTREP), a 501c3 nonprofit, advocates equity and justice for historically and currently disenfranchised and oppressed peoples in Montana. We lift the voices and elevate the agency of Black, Brown, Indigenous, and other People of Color primarily through education, training, and activating antiracist organizers, leaders, individuals, groups, organizations, institutions, etc. We do this to invest in interrupting racism, bigotry, and prejudice whenever and wherever encountered, particularly through education reform, criminal-legal reform, health and well-being reform, and equity and inclusion outreach and consulting. We value diversity and strive to live an anti-racist existence. People who can speak to their lived experience around racial inequity, oppression, and institutional and systemic racism are strongly encouraged to apply. We are excited to work with someone who can continue turning our mission into reality. You will be joining a highly skilled BIPOC staff embedded in multiple identities and communities; ours is a welcoming, supportive, and affirming space.
Due to COVID-19, this job will be fully or partially remote until further notice. If meeting a client in person or in our physical office, safety protocols must be followed.
Reporting to the Equity, Inclusion, and Justice (EIJ) Consultant the employee’s work will include engaging with clients and partners to support their organizational initiatives to build inclusion, justice, and awareness that progress anti-racist organizational cultures throughout Montana. The employee will be responsible for supporting EIJ/DEI audits/assessments, creating customized curriculums, and identifying implementation strategies in support of EIJ. You will have a unique opportunity to support external EIJ initiatives and strategies to create inclusive work cultures that attract, hire, and maintain historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Our work may necessitate adjusting schedules in order to prioritize work that addresses the safety, health, and well-being of BIPOC people living in Montana. As such, this position sometimes requires the willingness to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support with workshop design and improvement
- Managing multiple client projects simultaneously
- Facilitate audits with clients to explore commitments to DEI and workplace equity and inclusion
- Maintain knowledge of DEI-related issues, legislation, and best practices.
- Project development, organize meetings, community forums, and workshops.
- Communicate clearly and liaising with clients and facilitate strategic planning processes for clients
- Monitor project timelines to ensure all tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Present and represent MTREP at external events related to racial equity, inclusion, and justice
- Adhere to MTREP policies, procedures, and positions, recognizing they represent and advocate for MTREP and always carry the MTREP mission and goals in the community.
- Other consulting-related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate will be thoroughly committed to MTREP’s mission, creative, and an excellent communicator with great time management skills. All candidates should have proven leadership, facilitation, and problem-solving skills. The ideal candidate will be able to speak clearly and well to their lived experience around racial inequity, oppression, and white supremacy.
Specific requirements include:
- Experience actioning equity, justice, and anti-oppression values into tangible projects and outcomes (lived, grassroots, academic and professional experience all relevant).
- Ability to work independently and stay abreast of current events and work trends.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience planning, leading and hosting workshops, meetings, and symposia.
- Cross-cultural competence and the ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people of all ages and ability levels.
- Creativity and enthusiasm about trying new and inventive methods and techniques.
- Foundational knowledge of racial justice and equity and broader social justice
- A track record of displaying a no-compromise commitment to racial equity and justice.
- Proficiency with tools such as Google Workspace, Zoom, and Canva.
- Passing an acceptable background check.
The person in this position reports directly to the Equity, Inclusion, and Justice Consultant and works collaboratively with MTREP staff, consultants, relevant non-profits, organizations, agencies, businesses, and community members.
LEVEL OF INDEPENDENT DISCRETION, CONSEQUENCE OF ACTIONS
This person, within the parameters of MTREP policies and procedures, exercises a high level of independence in decision making. Significant errors in judgment may endanger the health and safety of the staff and may cause serious financial and/or legal repercussions for MTREP.
Exposure to difficult situations and emotionally taxing and triggering circumstances may be encountered. This position is “at-will” and probationary for the first twelve months of employment.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with EIJ Job in the subject line in PDF format:
- Cover letter
- Tired of writing cover letters? Try something different. We are less concerned about the format, grammar, or traditional cover letter standards and more interested in getting to know you and why this position interests you. A more casual tone, colors or imagery, recordings, visuals, proposals, TikToks, portfolios, or slideshows are also welcome.
- Please note you do not have to get creative - we are just providing you with alternative options to submit your cover letter!
Deadline to apply: September 30th, 2021
Any questions about the position or on accessibility requests can be sent to: email@example.com
PO Box 11885 | Bozeman, MT 59719-1885 | www.themtrep.org | EIN 47-5462992 | firstname.lastname@example.org